Thanks to shite local planning, Drawda isn’t on the tourist map and you could say it’s not even on the ‘off the beaten track’ map either. So when someone famous visits the town it is an event. Here are some of the famous people what visited the town…and some what didn’t.
- President Bill Clitin &
PresidentHillary Clitin were once driven through the town on their way to, yep you guessed it, Dundalk.
- J.R.R. Tolkien named the village of Bridgeford in the Lord of the Rings after the famously decadent leisure centre on the Newfoundwell Road after staying there back in the day.
- Future James Bond Pierce Brosnan was born in the Lourdes Hostible and was so handsome that all the nuuursis knew that he’d be a famous actor.
- Lev Yashin, the legendary Russian goalkeeper, once went to Millmount by mistake.
- The only man to score in every round of a single World Cup, the great Brazilian Jairzinho, found himself opening Quinnsworth in the early 2000s.
- Wild child Courtney Love was schooled in wildness after going to Greenhills as a teenager. She also shifted a butcher from Duleek who still dines out on the story.
- Les Battersby (ex-Coronation Street) officially opened Eddie’s Hardware.
- James Corden made a celebrity appearance at The Earth before fluking America.
- Alex ‘Hurricane’ Higgins liked a quiet jar down The Mariner.
- Salman Rushdie hid in The Dale for foeteen munts after a fatwah was issued against him by Ayatollah Khomeini in the 1989.
- President Donald Trump Air bnb’d it in Aston Village while deliberating on whether to buy Morgan’s P&P and revolutionise the industry. He bought a golf club in County Clare instead.
- Peter Andre filmed the video to Mysterious Girl down the Glen.
- Denied a decent burial, St. Oliver Plunkett postumously visited the town whence his head and hips were put in glass boxes in an attempt to boost the tourist trade.
- Gerry Adams allegedly visited the town once in the 1980s but this is unconfirmed.
Foeteen Famous People What Never Visited Drawda
- Johnny Cash
- Keanu Reeves
- Christopher Reeves
- Donald Trump
- The Bee Gees
- Pope John Paul 2
- Herman Munster
- Ghengis Kahn
- Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Sherlock Holmes
- The Kardashians (spent a weekend at Clogherhead caravan park but never bothered with Drawda.